The BOOM reporters conducted a little street poll among the students gathered
at Plato on February 27, 1997. We asked them the following questions:
- Do you take the today's decisions of the Scientific-educational Council of
BU as the fulfillment of the 2nd and 3rd students' demands?
- Do you agree with the suggested way of dismissing the Chancellor and the
Student Vice-Chancellor (meaning: the decision of the Scientific-educational
Council concerning their dismissal)?
- Do you agree with the idea of founding "the parallel university"?
- Do you think students should return to classrooms, notwithstanding the
82 students from various schools were polled, and the results were as follows:
- 3.6% of those who were polled answered "YES", 89% answered "NO", and 7.4%
answered "I DO NOT KNOW".
- 75.6% answered "NO", 20.7% said "YES", and 3.7% said "I DO NOT KNOW".
- 74.4% of those who were polled do not support the idea about "the parallel
university", 12.2% likes the idea, whereas 13.4% were undecided.
- As for the resumption of lectures, 87.8% do not want to return to
classrooms at this moment, 4.8% said "YES", whereas 7.4% answered with "I DO