Please raise your voices against the communist electoral fraud in Serbia!
Although the coalition of democratic political parties won the local elections in the largest cities in Serbia, Slobodan Milosevic and his communist government have refused to recognize the democratically expressed will of the people. They decided to declare the elections invalid. So far the communist government has ignored both the massive demonstrations of the several hundred thousand citizens of Serbia against the electoral fraud as well as the protests of the US, EU, French and German governments.
Students in major cities have declared a strike and joined the protests. Citizens' protests are spreading throughout Serbia and it seems that the likelihood of major confrontation between the government and pro-democracy forces is increasing. (For the most recent information, please see the web site http://www.siicom.com/odrazb/b92-danger.html)
New, democratic Serbia needs your help.
Please put your name, city, and country under the following petition and then forward this letter to anybody else who might be ready to help us. If you are 50th, 100th, or 150th, etc. to sign it, please also forward it to the following e-mail addresses:
We, the undersigned, appeal to the United States government, the European Parliament and the Canadian government to take all necessary diplomatic steps to force the president of Serbia to comply with the democratically expressed will of the citizens of Serbia in the local elections. It would be tragic if the governments of democratic countries allowed a communist leader to suppress the democratically expressed will of the people of Serbia and Yugoslavia. There can be no lasting peace in Bosnia without a victory of democracy in Serbia.
1. Djordje Stefanovic, Vancouver, Canada
2. Natasa Przulj, Vancouver, Canada
3. Marko Vasiljevic, Vancouver, Canada
4. Sasa Djolic, Vancouver, Canada
5. Bojan Bugarinovic, Vancouver, Canada
6. Milos Jovanovic, Eugene, USA
7. Nenad Ukropina, Vancouver, Canada
8. Dr Sinisa Mesarovic, Cambridge, U.K.
9. Igor Devetak, Cambridge, U.K.
10. Vesna Kadelburg, Cambridge, U.K.
11. Danijela Trenkic, Cambridge, U.K.
12. Anze Brzi, Cambridge, U.K.
13. Vuk Jeremic, Cambridge, U.K.
14. Dr Svetomir Maric, Cambridge, U.K.
15. Ana Suffredini, New York, NY, USA
16. Natsuko Kambayashi, Burnaby, Canada
17. Leonid Reyzin, San Francisco, California, USA
18. Nikita Imennov, Mattituck, LI, NY
19. Kathleen Fisher, Philadelphia, PA, USA
20. Seth William Goren, Philadelphia, PA, USA
21. Usbaldo Angel, Chicago, IL, USA
22. Afsaan Saleem, Staten Island, NY, USA
23. Sarina Berger, Cleveland, OH, USA
24. Yefim Schukin, San Francisco, California, USA
25. Maja Brala, Cambridge, U.K.
26. Vladan Mijatovic Zivojnov
27. Vera Mijatovic
28. Erabella Mijatovic Zivojnov